The nature of our business means that, from time to time, we’ll require some personal details from our students, volunteers, and employees. This may also include, members of the public, current, past, and prospective employees, clients, customers, and suppliers. The data we collect could just be a name and an email address but depending on your level of engagement with The Fylde Coast BSL Centre, (TFCBSLC) it could be much more than that.
Fylde Coast BSL Centre’s commitment, is that it will:
• ensure that it treats personal information lawfully and correctly.
• follow procedures which aim to ensure that all employees, contractors, agents, consultants, partners, or others who have access to any personal data held by or on behalf of Fylde Coast BSL Centre, are fully aware of and abide by their duties under the General Data Protection Regulation;
• regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important to its successful operations and to maintaining confidence with those whom it carries out business.
How we protect your data.
When you share your personal information with any company, you have a right to expect that information to be treated with total confidentiality. Your privacy is extremely important to us. We’re committed to protecting any personal information you’ve given us, and we comply with all relevant data protection laws.
This means that:
• We take full responsibility for the information we hold about you.
• We will always protect your privacy.
• We will never sell your personal information.
These policies explain how your personal data is being managed and safeguarded by us, including:
• what information we collect about you.
• how we collect and use this information.
• how we safeguard the information you’ve provided.
• how to report abuse.
At TFCBSLC, we know that you care how your personal information is used and we appreciate that you trust us to do that carefully and sensibly.
What information does TFCBSLC collect about me?
Personal information that we collect may include; your name, contact details (phone numbers, email address and addresses), your date of birth, job, course information, Signature candidate number, or other qualifications.
How does TFCBSLC collect information about me?
When you first get in contact with the centre we will ask for the details listed in the question above. This may be via email, phone, letter, or face to face. The information you give is recorded in our student data base. When applying/signing up for a place on one of our courses, we will ask you to complete an application form. The information on this form is then used to register you with Signature and filed for our records.
We will not send you marketing emails unless you have expressed interest and requested specific information on an upcoming course. Your personal information will not be sold on to 3rd parties for the purpose of marketing.
How do TFCBSLC keep my personal data safe?
We seek to protect the safety of all your personal information by implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures. For example, the access to this data is restricted to two members of staff and computer passwords are changed regularly to minimise risk.
Any personal information that you voluntarily post on our Facebook group, may be collected and used by others. Please be careful what personal information you disclose in this way. You understand that we cannot control the actions of other users.
Will TFCBSLC share my personal information with anyone else?
We will never sell your personal information. We may disclose and share your personal information with Signature (our awarding body).
What if I’m under 18 years old?
The right to be forgotten.
Under GDPR you have the right to be removed and have any information we hold on yourself deleted from our records at any time. If you wish to exercise your right to do so, please contact us.
Address: The Fylde Coast BSL Centre, 289 Dickson Rd, Blackpool FY1 2JL
Phone: 01253 595792
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org