Start date: Duration: Class time:
23rd March 2017 6-8 weeks Part time 6.30pm-8.30pm
Class location: Cost:
The Fylde Coast BSL Centre £8 per session
Office 19 Red Bank Road
Our Pre Level 3 course is designed to be a ‘bridging’ course for those who have passed BSL Level 2 and want to go on to achieve the Level 3 Certificate but feel that more practise and experience is required beforehand. It is also useful for students who wish to continue gaining skills and building confidence whilst using sign language but do not wish to take an assessment.
WHAT WILL I ACHIEVE?
• By the end of this course, you should be able to demonstrate BSL signing skills by:
• Using a wide range of vocabulary
• Demonstrating correct and clear hand shapes
• Using appropriate facial expressions with signs
• Using turn-taking and asking for clarification to help conversations flow
• Demonstrating different strategies of understanding, acknowledging, confirming and exchanging of information during a routine conversation with BSL users about everyday situations
• giving examples of BSL variations and grammatical principles
HOW WILL I BE TAUGHT, AND WILL THERE BE ANY WORK OUTSIDE THE CLASS?
Teaching and learning achieved by;
• Pair/group work
• Classroom interaction
• Home work
• Questions and answers
• Explanations of the topics
• Role play
• Debate, and other activities.
For more information please contact:
Office: 01253 595792 or Jan (text only) 07816363174