New Pre level 3 course starting 23rd March 2017
What is the course about?
If you have passed your level 2 in BSL, but need more confidence and to refresh your BSL skills before moving on to the Level 3 certificate. This course will enable you to improve your productive and receptive skills and help you gain knowledge and insight to level 3 before you begin.
The course will for 6-8 weeks from 6.30-8.30pm and cost only £8 per lesson including a tea/coffee and biscuit. On completion of this course, you will receive a certificate under the Fylde Coast BSL Centre. You can then enrol on a Signature awarded level 3 course starting later this year.
Will we cover?
During this course, we will recap and reinforce your existing vocabulary ensuring your grammar and handshapes of BSL signs are correct, whilst acquiring new vocabulary such as some regional variations, which will help in real life situations.
What will I achieve?
• By the end of this course, you should be able to demonstrate BSL signing skills by:
• Using a wide range of vocabulary
• Demonstrating correct and clear hand shapes
• Using appropriate facial expressions with signs
• Using turn-taking and asking for clarification to help conversations flow
• Demonstrating different strategies of understanding, acknowledging, confirming and exchanging of information during a routine conversation with BSL users about everyday situations
• giving examples of BSL variations and grammatical principles
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Teaching and learning achieved by;
• Pair/group work
• Classroom interaction
• Home work
• Questions and answers
• Explanations of the topics
• Role play
• Debate, and other activities.
Is there anything I need to bring?
We would recommend you bring a folder in which to keep handouts provided during the course, and perhaps a note pad for any information you do not wish to forget.
For more information please contact:
Office: 01253 595792 or Jan (text only) 07816363174