Fast track, after completion of our Foundation course.
Start date: Duration: Class time:
TBA 2020 14-16 weeks Part time 6.30pm-9.00pm
The Fylde Coast BSL Centre
Office 19 Red Bank Road
This qualification is designed to enable learners to communicate with Deaf people in British Sign Language (BSL) on a range of topics that involve simple, everyday language use.
The qualification is divided into 3 units each of which will be achieved separately throughout the academic year.
To achieve the full Level 1 Certificate in BSL, candidates are required to pass all three units:
- Unit 101 – Introduction to BSL
- Unit 102 – Conversational BSL
- Unit 103 – BSL at School, College or Work
Unit 101 is internally assessed by The Fylde Coast BSL Centre then externally moderated by Signature. Unit 102/103’s are externally assessed by a Signature assessor.
|Unit||Guided Learning Hours (GLH)||Additional study hours||Total learning hours||Credit value|
However, please note the centre offers this course as a fast track after completion of our foundation course. This controbutes to the learning hours.
- 101. Meeting people, Number, Weather, Transport, Directions
- 102. At home, people animals, objects Using numbers, Interests & activities, Weather
- 103. Getting around, Exchanging information, Refreshments Using numbers at School, College or Work
The full Qualification Specification set out by Signature can be seen here.
- Pre Level 2 Certificate of Attendance
Signature Level 2 Certificate in BSL
The cost of the signature awarded course is £385. This cost covers all your lessons, handouts, feedback paper, tutor support, 3 exams and certificate. A deposit of £85 will secure you place
For more information please contact:
Office: 01253 595792 or Jan (text only) 07816363174