Founder and Deaf qualified BSL tutor
Janice Crossland-Jones is a very experienced and distinguished BSL teacher. With over 23 years teaching experience under her belt she has worked in many different schools, colleges, and universities all over the UK.
Janice founded the Fylde Coast BSL Centre in 2007. Since then, she has helped many students achieve their goals, from learning the basics of British Sign Language (BSL) on our Foundation course to continuing up to a Level 6 NVQ Certificate.
She has also won several awards for both her teaching and business skills. These include,
• 2010, Winner of ‘Signature North West Region Teacher of the Year’ award
• 2011, Nominated for ‘Signature North West Region Teacher of the Year ‘ award
• 2014, Winner of ‘Signature North West Region Teacher of the Year’ award
• 2016, Winner of ‘Best UK Deaf Business’ award
Janice’s students are also winners. One of her students, Karen Watkin, won the Signature North West Learner of the Year 2011!
In addition to these amazing acknowledgements of her skills, Janice is also qualified as an A1 Assessor and has become one the leading Directors at Deaf Business Academy.
- OCR A1 Assessor
- BSL N.V.Q. (City College, Manchester) Level 4
- Signature Level 1 Award in Deaf Awareness and Communication
- CPD BSL Linguistics
- CPD Sociolinguistics
- Fire Warden and Evacuation Training with Blackpool Council
- First Aid
Go back to Meet The Team